Saturday, April 8, 2017

Interview with MLB Advanced Media

No, not a job interview.  Actually, I am planning on moving and have been doing job interviews, which is why I haven't posted much here of late, but I'm a teacher, not a market researcher or analyst.  That's who I seemed to be speaking with yesterday.  The interview was led by a young white man by the name of Scott, and was observed by five other men whom I never met, heard from, or saw.  Only their names appeared in the video-chat software as logged-in to our group (which is why I assume they were men -- they all had typically male names).  The interview was scheduled for thirty minutes and lasted twenty-five.

Why did they want to speak with me?


It seems I participated in a text-based web survey some weeks previous and my responses piqued their curiosity and warranted a follow-up, face-to-face interview.  The topics that seemed to interest them were my comments on:

  • Deficiencies in MLB.TV video software
  • Problems with the MLB.TV help forum
  • MLB's lack of international baseball coverage

Altogether it wasn't a terribly interesting experience, but it is worth noting that MLB has some people paying attention and listening to what fans have to say.  They also compensate for their data collection with $25.00 gift certificates.

#



No comments:

Post a Comment