Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A letter to NPB

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am an overseas fan of yakyuu who would like to have access to all NPB games, regular and post-season.  At present, I can purchase streaming/VOD rights to games only of the Pacific League.  This means I can watch only half of NPB teams, only half of interleague games, and nothing at all of the Central League Climax Series or the Japan Series.

If you have a look across the internet, you will find the following baseball leagues offer streaming/VOD packages:

  • MLB (USA)
  • MLB Minor (USA)
  • LMP (Mexican Pacific League, winter)
  • LMB (Mexican Baseball League, summer)
  • CPBL (China Professional Baseball League, Taiwan)
  • KBO (Korean Baseball Organization)
  • ABL (Australian Baseball League)


Why does a leading country such as Japan still not offer such service to fans worldwide?  If even small leagues on three continents have managed to offer affordable, easy access to _all_ their games, why not the NPB?

For the moment, I rely on fans uploading content to file sharing sites to avail myself of Central League games and the Japan Series.  I would be happy to pay for a quality product, but at the moment there is _none_.  I hope by the 2017 season NPB will resolve what issues remain in order to better serve their customers.

Best regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment